Tuesday, 11 December 2012
Bloomsbury Gardens Quilt - finished!
I'm really pleased with how quickly I got this quilt finished using the spray baste, I've learned a lot from the process and hopefully the next quilt will be easier. I'm hoping that using cotton wadding will help the spray stick better - which really was my only concern.
This time, I also increased the width of my binding by .25" - a silly little thing, but it made it so much easier to get sharp corners. Must remember, cut binding at 2.5" in future!!
My next project is with Kaffe Fassett and Philip Jacobs prints - I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them, but I want to try and do something without any white or plain colours. Well, I may include some dark grey or wine red to match these prints, but I want to minimise neutrals. I haven't got a clue, what it will be yet. Time to look through Pinterest!