Tuesday 11 December 2012

Bloomsbury Gardens Quilt - finished!

DSC_0009 by kimmcbirnie
DSC_0009, a photo by kimmcbirnie on Flickr.
Bloomsbury Gardens Quilt, finished!

I'm really pleased with how quickly I got this quilt finished using the spray baste, I've learned a lot from the process and hopefully the next quilt will be easier.  I'm hoping that using cotton wadding will help the spray stick better - which really was my only concern.
This time, I also increased the width of my binding by .25" - a silly little thing, but it made it so much easier to get sharp corners. Must remember, cut binding at 2.5" in future!!



My next project is with Kaffe Fassett and Philip Jacobs prints - I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them, but I want to try and do something without any white or plain colours. Well, I may include some dark grey or wine red to match these prints, but I want to minimise neutrals. I haven't got a clue, what it will be yet. Time to look through Pinterest!


3 comments:

  1. Wow the finished quilt looks great. I like the fabrics you have chosen for your next project

    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just getting caught up on all the blog posts I missed last week... better late than never? Your quilt came out so beautifully! I read your last post about the 505.... wish I'd caught up on blog reading 2 hours ago, as I just finished pin basting my "Kat Quilt." My absolute least favorite part of quilting is pin basting. Next time, I'm trying the 505!

    I know you were worried about all the white on this quilt, but it's fabulous! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the next beautiful stack of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely quilt....cant wait to see what you do with the kaffe.....love his fabric.

    ReplyDelete